The design for the alterations and additions to this heritage listed house (Circa 1898) revolved around a beautiful golden elm (Heritage listed) which dominated this half hectare site.
Instructions from the clients made a priority of retaining the proportions of the Victorian exterior of the new additions, while bringing the interior up-to-date. The clients had two small children and it was important to make the kitchen the focal point of the house so that the outside areas such as the pool, backyard, tennis court, and courtyard could be viewed from this part of the house.
The new additions incorporate split-level living, double-glazed conservatory, wet-deck swimming pool, home theatre room, fully-equipped gymnasium, gourmet kitchen, mud-room for school bags, boots and coats, under-ground wine cellar, a hotel-style parents retreat with his and hers walk-in wardrobes.
This Renovation/Addition won the HIA Australian Renovation/Addition of Year 2003 for the builder and was a finalist in the House of the Year 2003.